Ella Harris NEW ZEALAND
From winning the 2018 CANYON//SRAM Zwift Academy, Ella Harris has gone from strength to strength in her first two years as a professional cyclist. The New Zealander rider notched her first UCI win, won youth classifications and secured her first Women’s World Tour top ten in the 2020 season, further validating the Zwift Academy as an innovative talent identification program.
Ella extended her contract with CANYON//SRAM Racing for an additional two years, through to 2022.
“It’s true CANYON//SRAM is the only team I really know since winning the Zwift Academy, but I’m certain I’ve started right at the top and would be hard pushed to find somewhere else that could compare.”
“As soon as I was offered another contract, I didn’t hesitate. It was a clear decision for me to continue in an environment that I know will provide me with all the opportunities to improve as a rider and become the best that I can be. I’ve had a fantastic two years with CANYON//SRAM and am really excited at the fact that I’m only halfway through. It feels like a second home to me and it’s motivating to think about the further steps I can make in the sport with the backing of such a fantastic team and its partners.”
“I want to gain more experience in the larger races, take to the start-line of events that I was destined for in 2020 prior to my injuries and improve in my own performance and in my contributions to team objectives. My work in progress is also to become stronger and healthier than prior to my injury, so I will keep chipping away at this and improving within off-the-bike aspects.”
- 3rd mountain classification – Lotto Thüringen Ladies Tour
- Stage winner – Herald Sun Tour
- Winner – mountain classification – Herald Sun Tour
- 4th general classification – Herald Sun Tour
- 2nd youth classification -Herald Sun Tour
- 1st New Zealand U23 ITT national championship
- 2nd New Zealand elite road national championship
- 7th stage – Santos Women’s Tour Down Under
- 8th stage – Santos Women’s Tour Down Under
- 9th place – Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race, WWT
- 1st youth classification – Emakumeen Nafarroako Klasikoa
- 7th place – Emakumeen Nafarroako Klasikoa
- 7th place – Gravel and Tar La Femme
- 1st youth classification – Vuelta a Burgos
- 4th stage – Colorado Classic
- Winner CANYON//SRAM Zwift Academy
- 6th youth classification – Herald Sun Tour
With fourteen riders from nine different countries, CANYON//SRAM Racing is the home of a diverse group of highly ambitious women who are willing to invest in their future and the future of cycling by breaking new grounds and constantly challenging themselves and their competitors.